Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Talia's Rainbow Poncho

I knitted this a few years ago for Auden, who promptly declared it "too fratchy" and refused to wear it. Fortunately she has an older but tiny cousin, Talia, who is less fussy and appreciates the joy of a rainbow-colored, twirly handknit! I sent it to her back when I first knit it, but this is the first time I've gotten a picture.

And so they're not left out, here is my niece Kira -- Talia's big sister -- playing violin with my brother Harry on the piano. They played a trio with Eli on cello and it made me cry. My family! All making music together! Kira's playing is so beautiful that it made me cry too. But I may be a wee bit sentimental. :)

Anyway, here are the poncho stats:

Pattern: Children's Poncho, Knitting Pure & Simple, size 2-4
Yarn: Hmm, I thought I had the label, but can't find it now. Self-striping, anyway, though I had to fiddle with it to get more pink. Worsted weight.
That's all I've got.


p.s. Does anyone know how to hide the labels at the end of each post?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! (And found a home for the "Fratchy" poncho to boot!)

Let me know what you learn about the labels .. they bug me too!