Friday, June 23, 2006

Man Socks



Finished Will's socks! I was mightily bored of that pattern before I was done. Now I would like to branch out and try some more ambitious sock patterns, but I have these piles of self-striping/patterning Regia ... maybe I can find something that works with that. I *cough* may have obtained a copy of "Sensational Socks."

The Wallaby continues to baffle and amuse me. It turns out my 9s are too big, not too small, and yet I think the fabric is borderline too tight. And this cannot possibly be of interest to anyone but myself (if that), even my faithful sister-in-law. *sigh*

I need to figure out my traveling projects, and soon! Never mind that I have not figured out what clothes we will need. We must have priorities!

Pattern: Yankee Knitter Classic Socks
Yarn: Regia 4fadig - Jacquard Color
Needles: My grandmother's shiny blue Boye Size 2 aluminum "knitting pins"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT socks!! (Nice calves too.)

Knitting projects are much more important decisions than clothes .. You will bring the Wallaby, won't you? I *am* interested in the gauge saga, just frustrated that I don't have the answer.

That said, my advice would be to get a fabric you like and err on the side of too large, since we know the recipient is growing.

OOOH, can't wait to see the recipient. (Toby is counting the days!)

xo,
k.