Monday, April 30, 2007

My Sally Melville Weekend

Quick post, because I'm still recovering from a weekend spent knitting (and the weekend before that away). I decided the good thing about the house being a disaster after me being AWOL is that at least it proves I do something around here.

I had a fantastic knitting weekend with Sally Melville -- 11 hours of workshops! She was really great -- I feel like I learned so much. (And I was completely wiped out at the end -- it's been a long time since I've concentrated that hard for that long.)

I took: Basic Maneuvers; Borders and Buttonholes; Basic Pattern Drafting; and Emergency Measures. I don't think I can list everything I learned -- there was a lot! Some cast-ons, some dandy tricks, some design principles, how to cut a hole in my knitting, the Portugese around-the-neck purl ... and much much more. I also learned that I knit the same way as she does -- with the ergonomically preferred "Pencil Hold" :) That left me feeling smug.

It was really quite awesome. And after seeing her designs up close and personal I liked them so much better than I did in the books; I might need to make some!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good weekend and I'm SO jealous! Don't you just love her? Will you teach me everything you learned over a Cosmo at VB in July?