Monday, September 25, 2006

A Socksy Family

Eli's socks are done! They are very red, and he is very happy with them, and now we all have handknit socks. I feel so homey I can hardlly stand it. You can't hardly even tell that the cuffs are different – I knit the second one with size 1 needles because the first one was a bit loose. I really like the way the yarn knits up: very soft and squishy.

Yarn: Cascade Fixation, slightly more than 1 skein.
Needles: Leg and Instep: Susan Bates DP #3. Cuff #1, heel, sole and toe: Susan Bates DP #2. Cuff #2: Susan Bates DP #1
Pattern: Modified Hot Wheels Socks from trek casts on
(I used the pattern for the legs, except I cast on 48 instead of 56, after MANy false starts, and I went back to my Yankee Knitter pattern for the heel flap and foot.)

I have belatedly realized I need to write down this stuff, after starting to knit the second sock of a pair I'd started over the summer and realizing I didn't remember what pattern it was!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Hilary - they're great! And what a wonder-woman you are. Socks for the whole family! I should have done that before Max's feet grew to a man's size 10 and Toby's grew as big as mine. And as I sit here typing they're growing even more ...