Saturday, March 17, 2007

Lots More Progress

I'm getting somewhere -- everything's done except the top of the second sleeve, which I'll finish tonight. Now I need to make a hood decision: I think I want to kitchener instead of seaming it, but the question is whether that means I need to do the ribbing/button band all in one piece or whether I could do the two separate pieces, THEN kitchener the hood and seam the ribbing at the top of the hood. Would that look weird? I don't know why I am so intimidated by doing the ribbing/button band all in one piece. It just looks loooooooong.


Thanks to everyone who was so nice about my sock; I got into a rut and didn't keep up with answering. I wish Blogger had an option for leaving your email address; that would facilitate conversation! I have been hanging out with some friends on LiveJournal, and it is so much more conversational over there. Oh well!


It's cold and snowy outside, good for knitting. When it warmed up into the 60s last week I was afraid it would be next year before I wore my hoodie. I'd better get going!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Hilary -- blogger doesn't give me your email, so I'm answering your question, sort of, here. I think any careful, neat way you did it would be OK -- I kitchenered the hood & then did the ribbing in one swoop. In some ways that's ideal, but it wasn't easy, and I'm not sure I think it's as important as I thought it would be. I don't think a neat, short seam at the top of the hood would be unsightly. It mostly is going to lay on the top of your back anyway, as, let's face it, that hood is for looks.

I LOVE the color you chose for your hoodie -- very pretty.