Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Guilt

These ...


and these ...


were supposed to prevent this ...



This ...

has a reason and a recipient and a deadline, even, so it is guilt-free, even if it is Koigu!

I met Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk (half price! half price!) and it was love at first touch. And I thought if I just got a little, enough for a scarf, that would satisfy me, and so I got the eminently more sensible Merino Aran instead. But apparently yarn is like sex, or alcohol, or chocolate, or something that makes this analogy work, and I can't just stop with a little. Sooooo ... I have a sweater's worth of Alpaca Silk. (Half price!) AND a sweater's worth of Merino Aran (which I also love, by the way). And a scarf's worth (at least) more of Alpaca Silk. And three skeins of Louisa Harding angora (half-price!) ... just because. (Well, just because I was being thrifty and *not* getting the Alpaca Silk, but that went out the window on visit No. 3. Sigh.)

The Koigu is for a good friend's 40th birthday. I also got a ball of Cascade Fixation to make Eli the red socks he asked for. And I think I am done shopping for a while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, la la ..

Love it all. Wonderful color for the Lara sweater (do I have that right?) Watcha gonna make with the Merino Aran? I want to see some knitting!