Thursday, August 24, 2006

Wallaby Finito!



Ta da, an actual finished object! Two-tone and all.

Pattern: Wonderful Wallaby, Size 8 (Warren Wallaby)
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino Aran, Violet (325603). About 9.5 balls.
Needles: 9 circular and dps, 6s for seed stitch "ribbing"
Modifications: Seed stitch instead of ribbing at waist and cuffs and instead of garter stitch around pocket, placket and hood. (This pulls in the edge of the hood quite a bit; I think I can fix that with blocking, though.) I also used the modification from the Wonderful Wallaby FAQ to make the hood less pointy.
Really irritating mistake: the two dye lots. Especially since I ended up with almost 3 full balls extra, so I didn't need to use the second dye lot at all.

For the most part, I really enjoyed this pattern, especially not having to seam the sides. When I finally had to knit back and forth for the hood, having to do the purl rows seemed quite arduous, even though I don't usually mind purling. I would make it again, but I'd make it all the same color. :)

Edited to add: Photos by the Wonderful Will Yurman! But of course. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE! And the sweater is nice too. ;-)

The Wallably is fantastic. Looks wonderful and great fit. The two-toneness doesn't bug me at all .. but then I didn't spend hours of my life knitting it.

Did you take these photos or someone else in your house .. they're just wonderful!

So, what's next???

Kim said...

What a lucky little girl to have a mommy who can knit such lovely things for her!

Both the sweater and the model are adorable.

I wouldn't worry about the color change. I know it's frustrating but I wouldn't have ripped back all those rows either.