Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Mystery Scarf in Progress



OK, not entirely a mystery. Koigu, obviously, and the Scarf-as-a-Collar pattern from Scarf Style. But the Koigu is so different from the yarn called for (I put my faith in Kathy, entirely!) and the picture in Scarf Style SO unhelpful, that I really have no idea what it's going to look like when I'm finished. Right now it has more than a passing resemblance to a dickey, which I find disturbing. But I will perservere! Onward to the finish. I am loving the colors. And the knitting-of-the-Koigu, my first time.

The children are outside in the rain (drizzle) playing with water balloons. It makes me sad that the concept holds no appeal for me whatsoever. I'm pretty sure that means I'm old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Koigu is luscious! I can't wait to see this off the needles, but I am filled with anxiety at the sentence "I put my faith in Kathy, entirely!" Seems there's no good can come of that.

Anonymous said...

ps

I'm not sure the water balloon thing makes you old, but the dickey reference certainly gives you away..