Sunday, May 20, 2007

Page Two ...

the rest of my birthday story.

This is what Will, AKA my husband, gave me for my birthday. A ballwinder and beautiful beautiful swift. The swift is made out of wood that reminds me of really nice children's toys, smooth and soft and fresh-smelling. I used it today, with the Socks that Rock that I bought with my birthday money. (And is gorgeous!!!) What a great invention! No tangles, no fuss. And best of all, the kids loved doing it, so I won't have to wind any wool anymore.

I stopped one of Rochester's many yarn stores on Friday to pick up a contrasting ball of Blue Sky Alpaca Organic cotton for the baby sweater, only to find that the store – not one I normally frequent – is going out of business. And everything was 50 percent off. I -- *sigh* -- came home with two more books (Nicky Epstein's Knitted Embellishments and No Sheep for You, which despite having a very unappealing (I think) cover, has some really nice patterns.) And a ball of Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch, or whatever it's called. Not too bad considering what I could have come away with. Auden was pushing the cashmere and alpaca. But yes, I have a shopping addiction. Particularly when it comes to yarn stores, and sales. A yarn store sale ... I am lost.

For some reason my preview function is not working, so I have to publish every time I want to see what this looks like. Too annoying; I'm just going to stop here. (Did I mention I love my ball winder and swift?:)

3 comments:

Teal said...

Hilary,
I've been away. Which store is going out of business? Name names... I want some of those bargains too!

Anonymous said...

I need you HERE. Stash was having a big yarn sale last weekend and I was much too restrained.

Your swift is gorgeous!! What a wonderful husband you have. :)

The STR looks fabulous and the human winder is TOO cute.

So what are you working on now?

rahime said...

Is that Fire on the Mountain? It looks gorgeous!